3/20

Today I began downloading the sample images that I would eventually need to train my neural network. I did run into one issue however, and that was the sheer tedium of having to individually download each FITS file in order to get my images. I emailed the help center in charge of the Hubble Legacy Archive to see if it would be possible to receive some sort of batch download for every image I would need at once. This also raises another issue - storage. one thousand FITS files was a little over seven gigabytes, and I initially wanted to have about one thousand pictures per category. I know now that this won't be possible. While waiting to hear back from the email, I've also begun exploring alternatives to the Hubble Legacy Archive and found Simbad.com which seems that it may actually be a better source. I will have to look into it a bit more.

Comments

Popular Posts